Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Practicum 8--Angela

To wrap up my project I wanted to go back to the main idea of trying to integrate oneself into a community. In some ways I feel like I really have made a connection and become an "expert" in the community such as in my previous post when I talked about the gym facebook group. I feel like I can go back to the actual gym now and feel more at home and part of the "crowd" than I have since high school. The other blogs and forums will take much longer to become an "expert" in and I will probably never be a top poster, but I do feel like I fit in more in smaller parts of the forums such as the midwest specific part.

Its been pretty fun following blogs, etc. in a topic that I really understand and find interesting. I've definitely had to reconsider the relationship the internet and technology has with even something as opposite as rock climbing. I plan to keep following the blogs and posting in the forums--which before this project I was a bit too shy to post in.

No comments:

Post a Comment