Wednesday, December 15, 2010

practicum #8--Kailin

it is good to check back and realize I still have one pose to go.
compared with famous SNS like Facebook, personal homepage provide a wider space to establish my online identity. It gives me a better sense of self-understanding, allowing me to characterize myself or change myself to who I really want to be. for example,I was explored by multiple me in my homepage. The “Mode” page shows that I am interested in trend. My traveling diaries express I like to broaden my outlook. And the collections of lomo camera represent I am a big lomo fan.
However, in the process of building online identity, we should concerned piracy problem.Parts of what I did with my blog might refer to soft piracy. agreed with Lessig’s critiques that copyright law should be more inflexible in digital age. The overly strict law will create a “chilling” effect on creativity. I found many interesting or gorgeous collection pictures. Unfortunately, they were under copyright so I cannot use them. I didn't do the filesharing for profit purpose. In fact, this is a new way of spreading content. In digital time, tons of images or music or videos are uploaded or downloaded every single moment. I argue if copyright only mainly focus on how to overly protect the original producer. The key point I believe should be how to preserve the benefits of filesharing, while minimize the wrongful harm it causes artists.
It is pity that rarely people use personal sites although it fills us in a more freedom space. Homepage is collection of data forms a publication, while SNS forms participation. Lack of participation directly leads to the reduction. People concern more social connection than personalization. No matter how wonderful one does, he doesn't feel his contribution matter and feel some degree of social connection, he will easily loss the dynamics to contribute more.
over all, I really enjoy doing my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment